Sunday, September 29, 2013

RSS in Education

In the past two weeks, I have learned a lot about RSS and RSS feed readers. Feed readers like Feedly are powerful tools that help organize different sources of information so they are easily accessible. Before completing this assignment, I had not put much thought into uses for RSS in the classroom setting. I now realize that feed readers are great for student research. They are also a great way for teachers to relay information to students or parents about classroom updates or assignments. 

I have created a static tutorial that shows teachers how to change settings in a blog they have created so parents can subscribe to the blog using a feed reader. The tutorial also teaches parents how to subscribe to the classroom blog using Feedly RSS feed reader. I think this is a great way for a teacher to use RSS in his/her classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment